At Montessori de Oro, you will discover the excitement, challenge, and energy that is
uniquely ours- and an environment that encourages risk and rewards exploration. Located
on three separate campuses, we work as one school in the pursuit of excellence.
MDO inspires the very best in you!
Montessori de Oro's
History, Mission, and Objectives...
Montessori de Oro ( MdO) began as a preparatory school for four to six year olds in 1980. It was
founded by Mrs. Dolores Herrera Reyes, the present Directress of the school. It has expanded into
a kindergarten, elementary and secondary school since then.
Montessori de Oro is a non-sectarian and co-educational school imbued with Filipino national
ideals, Christian principles, and humanitarian values. Its high school department focuses on three
aspects. First, it prepares the students to cope with college life by providing the necessary
competence and skills. Second, it provides training in leadership through service-oriented
curricular activities and life skills. Third, it fosters profound love and respect of and for our cultural
heritage and values. Thus, Montessori de Oro is committed to the mission of molding the young to
become mature, responsible and well-rounded individuals eager and ready to meet the challenges
of higher learning and the modern world.
HOW IS MDO DIFFERENT THAN OTHER SCHOOLS?
MDO is a school where:
- The needs and talents of individual students are recognized and celebrated.
- Each student is motivated to fulfill his or her potential.
- Each student is well prepared, academically and emotionally, for the next level of education
and ultimately for college.
- Attention is paid to the development of positive character.
- Students develop a true sensitivity and appreciation for different cultural, religious, and
HOW DOES MDO ACCOMPLISH THESE THINGS?
Instruction is differentiated based on existing knowledge and skills of individual students:
- At the younger levels, this is done with age groups and classrooms.
- At older levels, it is done by placement in appropriate levels of classes.
- Challenge is always provided, but extra help and personal support are constantly available.
FACULTY AND ADMINISTRATORS ARE AVAILABLE, PRO-ACTIVE, AND COMMITTED TO THE
SUCCESS OF THEIR STUDENTS:
- They form strong academic and emotional bonds with students.
- That closeness promotes feelings of confidence and safety.
- Teachers initiate regular communication with students and parents.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES ARE VARIED AND OPEN TO EVERYONE:
- Being a spectator is fun, but being involved is even better.
- Students are actively encouraged to become involved in dance, drama, music, athletics,
Scholastic Bowl, and various academic and cultural clubs.
ATTENTION IS PAID TO THE WHOLE CHILD:
- Formal and informal programs to promote positive character begin at the youngest level and
continue throughout the grades.
- Advising and counseling is highly personalized.
- Students quickly feel a part of an entire community, not just a member of a class or a section.
Social Security System
all Pilipinto Winners!!!
1st place - Grade 3
2nd place- Grade1
3rd place- Grade 2
Watch out for the most
exciting Fashion Fever ! It will
be on September 22 at